MESA, Wash. -- A wildfire is burning more than 700 acres Monday afternoon near the town of Mesa.
Southbound lanes of Highway 395 are closed between SR 17 near Mesa and SR 260 near Connell, according to Ben Shearer, spokesman for the Pasco Fire Department. Traffic is being diverted to SR 17.
The Connell Police Department says the Community Center is open for people who are evacuating. They said community members should contact police if they are being affected by the fire.
Authorities have not said which areas are evacuating.
This is a developing story.
Traffic alert: Southbound SR 395 near the SR 17 (Franklin County) is currently closed due to a wild land fire. Traffic S/B is being diverted onto SR 17. pic.twitter.com/6CEXTrS4zg— Trooper C. Thorson (@wspd3pio) October 8, 2019
- Local nonprofit empowering autistic students hosts open house this week
- 49-year-old woman dies while working at Hanford Site
- Blake Shelton bringing 'Friends and Heroes' tour to Spokane
- Washington woman allegedly beat 7-year-old stepdaughter with a bat
- Man arrested on felony warrant after standoff on hill near Yakima Fred Meyer