The Yakima Fire Department estimates that fireworks caused more than 70 fires in Yakima County on the Fourth of July this year.
YFD firefighters dealt with about 15 fires in Yakima city limits. Of those, only one building had minor exterior damage and the rest were limited to vegetation.
No fireworks-related injuries were reported in the city on Thursday.
Per Yakima Municipal Code 10.15.015, it is illegal to store, sell, possess or discharge fireworks in the City of Yakima.
Unused fireworks or flares can be brought to the Yakima Fire Department's stations for safe disposal.
Following are the locations of YFD fire stations:
Fire Station 91 – 401 North Front Street
Fire Station 92 – 7707 Tieton Drive
Fire Station 93 – 511 North 40th Avenue
Fire Station 94 – 2404 West Washington Avenue
Fire Station 95 – 807 East Nob Hill Boulevard
Fire Station 96 – 107 West Ahtanum Road, Union Gap
- What China's new tariffs mean for you
- Koch Industries: The most important company you may not know
- Man accused of attacking a teen in her bedroom sentenced today
- Ellensburg School District receives $300,000 in school safety grants
- Pasco students will get a personal laptop to take home this school year