KENNEWICK, Wash. -- A Kennewick man was arrested for allegedly beating his wife with a frying pan Thursday night.
At about 6:10 p.m., officers were called to a home on West 19th Avenue near Highway 395 for a report of an assault that had occurred, said police spokesman Sgt. Aaron Clem.
When they arrived, they spoke to a 62-year-old woman at her neighbor's house who claimed that her husband, 73-year-old Edwardo Medrano, had hit her repearedly with a frying pan. She told police she was hit in the head, hands and back.
Clem said the woman had visible injuries and was transported to a local hospital.
The woman said Medrano had been in a bad mood all day and based on information provided to police, the assault appears to have been unprovoked.
Medrano was arrested and booked at the Benton County Jail on an investigative hold for second-degree assault (DV), a Class B felony.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Wapato mayor's potential resignation up for discussion at council meeting
- Wapato mayor's potential resignation up for discussion at council meeting
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player
- Kikuchi throws 2-hitter for 1st shutout, Mariners top Jays
- Fire truck crashes in Grant Co., firefighter sent to the hospital
- Injured owl saved by Walla Walla County corporal, Blue Mountain Wildlife