MOXEE, Wash. - One man is in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center after being hit by a suspected drunk driver.
On Saturday night around 5:00, the Yakima County Sheriff's Office responded to Postma and St. Hilaire roads in Moxee. When they arrived, they found 52-year-old Loyal Andrew McCloud Jr., supposedly hit by a car while riding his bike.
McCloud Jr. was sent to Harborview with "severe and disfiguring injuries," the sheriff's office said.
Investigators say the driver left the scene. Shortly after, the sheriff's office said a homeowner in the area saw the driver running on Duffield Rd. He was identified as 33-year-old Jose Vasquez from Yakima.
Vasquez was arrested for DUI, vehicular assault, and hit-and-run with injury.
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinics prepare for 2019-20 flu season
- Three people transported to hospital after crash at State Route 240 and Aaron Drive
- SR 410 and SR 123 closed because of winter conditions and mudslide
- Police arrest woman for DUI after she crashes into wall at Kennewick home
- Chicago strike means day off for some, emergency for others