MOXEE, Wash. -- Four people were injured Wednesday evening after a pickup collided head-on with an apple truck crash in Moxee.
The Washington State Patrol says an eastbound pickup was rear-ended by a passenger car, causing it to cross the centerline and crash into an Evans Fruit Company bin truck just before 5 p.m.
Three people in the pickup and one in the apple truck were injured. All of those injured are expected to survive. The cause is under investigation. No drugs or alcohol are believed to have been involved.
About 50-75 gallons of diesel fuel spilled onto the roadway. The Dept. of Ecology is on its way to help deal with the spill.
The Washington State Department of Transportation says SR 24 is closed in both directions near Rivard Road. There's a detour via local roads.
There is no estimated time for reopening for the highway.
The Washington State Patrol and Yakima County Fire District 4 are on scene.
We have a reporter there learning more.
- Female county employees file complaint against Sheriff Hatcher; his lawyer responds
- Woman wanted for theft at Castle Megastore in Kennewick
- ATVs, UTVs soon to be street legal in Walla Walla
- Woman picking mushrooms missing since Saturday found
- Local advocates urge Kennewick to lift breed specific legislation against pit bulls