UPDATE: Yakima County Coroner Jim Curtice says one of the three victims has died. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
Curtice did not disclose which of the three is deceased.
YAKIMA, Wash. -- Yakima police say two people were shot and a third was run over by a car following an altercation at South Ninth Avenue and West MacLaren Street on Monday.
Police said a group of people got into a verbal altercation outside of a home in the 700 block of S. Ninth Ave before 5 p.m. During the fight, someone pulled out a gun and shot two males -- a juvenile and an adult in his early 20s.
One person ran over a third victim, a man in his early 20s, and fled from the scene. No arrests have been made so far. It's unclear how many people are involved.
The adult gunshot victim is in critical condition. The other two victims had serious injuries, but their conditions are unknown at this time.
Police are asking the community to be on the lookout for a red late 1990s Ford Escort that was last seen heading northbound from the area.
Investigators have taped off a portion of South Ninth Avenue. The investigation is ongoing.
- Kennewick School District hosting coat drive for homeless students
- Benton Co. Fire District #4 break ground for new fire station
- Greatest 'Jeopardy!' contestants of all time to face off in January
- Camel, cow, donkey found roaming together along Kansas road
- Apple Store employee texted himself customer's intimate photo