YAKIMA, Wash. - Authorities have identified a man who was fatally shot early Thursday morning in Yakima as 25-year-old Omar Flores-Garcia.
An autopsy on Friday showed Flores-Garcia died from a gunshot wound,Yakima County Coroner Jim Curtice said.
Yakima police responded about 3:30 to reports of shots fired in the 1000 block of South Sixth Street in Yakima.
Arriving officers found Flores-Garcia in the backyard of a home, suffering from gunshot wounds to his foot, groin and torso, according to a Yakima Police Department news release.
Flores-Garcia was taken to a local hospital for treatment. Officials planned to take him to be airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, but he died before he could be transported.
No arrests have been made. Yakima police are investigating.
Authorites are asking anyone with information about this incident to contact the Yakima Police Department at 509-575-6200 or by calling 911.
This is the third homicide this year in Yakima and the fourth homicide in Yakima County.
- Man arrested for brutal Kennewick assault that left victim injured in street
- Firefighters in Yakima working to keep kids safe as summer gives way to school
- Solar project planned for Richland will offer battery storage, bring in hundreds of trainees
- Kindergartner sent to school with drugs
- Richland man who confessed to molesting girls gets 20 years to life in prison