TACOMA, Washington (AP) - Authorities say "injuries and casualties reported" in Amtrak train derailment south of Seattle.
An Amtrak train has derailed roughly 40 miles (64 kilometers) south of Seattle, spilling cars onto a busy interstate.
The train derailed just before 8 a.m. Monday. All southbound lanes of Interstate 5 were closed south of Joint Base Lewis-McChord, and motorists were being warned to avoid the area.
No other information was immediately available.
The train derailed just south of Tacoma, Washington.
- Yakima native running for Yakima County Coroner
- National Donate Life Month: a call for more organ, eye and tissue donors
- TONIGHT @ 5 & 6: Valley Mall murder suspect's bail set at $1 million
- Valley Mall murder suspect's bail is set at $1 million
- Caretaker described horrific scene from deadly Richland house fire