WALLOWA, Ore. -- A baby died in a three-vehicle crash Wednesday morning on State Route 82 in eastern Oregon.
According to Oregon State Police, Christy Erickson, 31, of La Grande was driving eastbound on in a Ford F-150 pickup with two children when she crossed the centerline and sideswiped a Subaru Outback.
Troopers say the F-150 continued traveling in the wrong lane and collided "nearly head-on" with an oncoming Dodge Ram pickup pulling a trailer. The crash happened roughly 30 miles norhteast of La Grande.
All three occupants were transported to Wallowa County Hospital where one of the children was pronounced dead. The other child was airlifted to Boise Hospital. Erickson was treated and released from the hospital.
No one else was injured in the crash.
A family friend said in a Facebook post that the child killed in the crash was 4 months old.
A GoFundMe page has been created for the child's funeral expenses. There is also a bank account at Community Bank in La Grande that is accepting donations for the child's family.
- California governor rejects PG&E's plan
- Woman discovers $37 million deposited into her personal bank account
- Pasco Chamber of Commerce putting local nonprofits on display
- Franklin County deputies involved in fatal shooting return to work
- White Pass opens Saturday after getting 18 inches of snow in 24 hours