A bald eagle was found shot and killed in southern Oregon on Thursday morning.
Oregon State Police said the eagle was illegally shot with a firearm near Lower Cow Creek Road and West Fork Road northwest of Grants Pass.
According to OSP Fish & Wildlife troopers, the eagle had been dead for one to two days.
Bald eagles are protected species, and killing one is punishable by up to one year in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is offering a reward up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and condition.
- Six teenage boys arrested in connection to eight burglaries in Kennewick
- China slashes electric car subsidies
- Burger King launches meatless burger in Europe, tests new US options
- Family gives back after charity helped them through medical emergency
- Richland man who groomed boys to make child porn sentenced to 25 years