PASCO, Wash. - Pasco police are investigating the death of a man whose body was discovered on Monday.
At 12:23 p.m., officers got a call about a heavily decomposed body in a shed next to a run-down, abandoned home on the 900 block of S. Myrtle Ave. near East B Street in East Pasco. The home had recently been purchased as a fixer-upper.
Police said the person who found the body knows the home's new owner and works at a truck yard across the street.
For an unknown reason, he wandered onto the property, where he found the man's body and notified the homeowner.
Police estimated the man had been dead for at least a month. His identity and cause of death have yet to be determined.
This is a developing story.
Editor's Note: We originally stated that the call to police happened in the "a.m."
- Olde Yakima Letterpress Museum celebrates opening of new facility
- Police: Burglar steals jewelry while great grandmother sleeps nearby
- Washington state seismologists propose new tracking sensors
- Young West Valley Fire cadet dies after having a medical emergency
- Kennewick firefighters raising money to restore 1935 fire truck