KENNEWICK, Wash. - Kennewick police have identified the woman who was found near an irrigation canal late Friday afternoon.
47-year-old Annette Gae Nemeth's body was found near the irrigation canal that runs on the south side of Highway 240 between Edison Street and Highway 395.
Police are still investigating the cause of her death.
Based on the investigation so far, investigators said they think the body was at the location for an extended period of time. An autopsy is scheduled for later in the week.
According to police, the woman's next of kin has been notified.
Police are asking anyone who may have had contact with or may have information relating to Nemeth's activities in recent months to contact the Kennewick Police Department at 509-628-0333.
- Six teenage boys arrested in connection to eight burglaries in Kennewick
- China slashes electric car subsidies
- Burger King launches meatless burger in Europe, tests new US options
- Richland man who groomed boys to make child porn sentenced to 25 years
- Woman dies in Yakima mobile home fire along with numerous pets