GRANT COUNTY, Wash. - Authorities have identified a body found this week in a south Grant County lake as missing Othello resident Arthur Valentino Madrigal.
Madrigal was reported missing August 3 from the Heart Lake area, according to a news release from the Grant County sheriff's office.
After a seven-week search, Madrigal's body was found Wednesday, about a mile away from the area where he was reported missing, in Canal Lake, the release said.
Deputies say Madrigal's family has been notified. The investigation is ongoing and detectives are waiting on the results of an autopsy, the release said.
Canal Lake is part a large cluster of lakes known as the Seep Lakes Area, located in southeast Grant County.
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinics prepare for 2019-20 flu season
- Three people transported to hospital after crash at State Route 240 and Aaron Drive
- SR 410 and SR 123 closed because of winter conditions and mudslide
- Police arrest woman for DUI after she crashes into wall at Kennewick home
- Chicago strike means day off for some, emergency for others