ELLENSBURG, Wash. - Wood carvers from all around the country were in Ellensburg all week.
110 wood carver’s participated in the 10th annual Northwest Carving Academy at the Kittitas Valley Event Center.
It features classes on carving, clay sculpting, painting, design and pyrography. Including hand crafts and quilting.
It’s a yearly event that organizers said draws carvers from as far as the Cayman Islands and around the state with all levels of experience.
“We have people that this is their first year, first time, that they been carving as well as we have people that have been carving and teaching for up to 45 years,” said Mike Gieszler, president of Northwest Carving Academy.
The event will be held again next year, smaller events are also held throughout the year for more information click here.
- Mountain bikes stolen out of Kennewick
- Reportedly drunk man arrested for crashing car in Kennewick
- COMING UP ON GMNW @5: The summit between Putin and Trump is underway, we have all the details
- Stolen firetruck stopped after wild chase in California
- Richland police are looking for the suspects who assaulted a man on a bike path