YAKIMA, Wash. - Artists will take to the sidewalks of Downtown Yakima this weekend to showcase chalk drawings as part of the Fifth Annual Chalk Art Fest.
Community members can watch the artists work, listen to live music, snap a pic at the photo booth, eat food and grab some free chalk to join in the fun.
The artists will be judged in a competition for first, second and third place, as well as a people's choice award.
Part of the judging criteria is how well artists capture te spirit of this year's theme, "My Favorite Movie". The official awards ceremony will kick off at 2 p.m.
The event is put on by the Downtown Association of Yakima and sponsored by Ron’s Coins and Collectibles and Essencia Artisan Bakery.
The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday on North Third Street between Yakima Avenue and Staff Sargent Pendleton Way.
- Woman who befriended many Walla Walla cancer patients dies at 96
- Kids help rescue terribly skinny cat in West Richland
- Police say Calif. school shooter dies of his injuries
- Oregon grocery manager shot and killed, police arrest fired worker
- Yakima author partners with bookstore to provide Thanksgiving meals for the homeless