WALLA WALLA, Wash. - Children in Walla Walla came together for the 2nd Annual Fishing Derby at Jefferson Park on Saturday.
The event was sponsored by Walla Walla Parks and Recreations and Sportsman's Warehouse. From 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., children 14-years-old and under had the chance to win prizes, like free fishing supplies, and catch trout in the Jefferson Park pond.
On Friday, Walla Walla Fish and Wildlife stocked the pond with 1,200 rainbow trout for the event.
There was no registration for the event and it was free to the public.
- A new mobile coffee shop is cruising through the streets of Yakima
- Lamb Weston adds almost 200 jobs to Hermiston plant
- West Richland house fire caused about $400K in damage
- Wapato police face federal lawsuit over 2016 fatal officer-involved shooting
- Cars vandalized in Richland neighborhood with golf balls