COLLEGE PLACE, Wash. -- A College Place High School student was arrested for allegedly plotting an attack on his school on April 20, 2020 -- the 21st anniversary of the 1999 Columbine High School shooting.
The 17-year-old boy's mother called police after finding a "disturbing journal" detailing plans to carry out the attack, police said, adding that "officers also discovered other supporting literature within the teen’s bedroom."
A school resource officer was notified and alerted school officials about the incident.
The teen was taken into custody without incident after coming home from school. He was booked at the Walla Walla Juvenile Justice Center for felony harassment and threats to bomb or injure property.
Police said they are working with the College Place School District to ensure the safety of every student and teacher.
- Coroner: WSU student died 4 hours before 1st 911 call
- "Cookie Monster": Man breaks window of West Richland restaurant, steals cookies
- (VIDEO) Visit Tri-Cities 'Get Your Geek On' music video aims to attract science-loving tourists
- Six student-made wines win awards at Tri-Cities Wine Festival
- PacifiCorp, Yakama Nation OK land deal near river