KENNEWICK, Wa - The long-anticipated Columbia Gardens Wine Village officially opened Friday.
The city and Port of Kennewick held a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the grand opening. The mayor, city commissioners and over 500 guests were in attendance for the groundbreaking event.
Bartholomew Winery and Palencia Wine Co. & Monarcha Wines are the first tenants of the new village. Bart Fawbush, the owner of Bartholomew Winery, said he's been anticipating this day.
"This is culmination of many many years worth of work," Fawbush said. "Finally after all these years, here we are and today's the day."
The ceremony celebrated just the completion of phase one of the project. Officials are hoping to add in more wineries, private businesses and a food truck circle by the end of the summer.
Columbia Gardens Wine Village is located at 421 E. Columbia Drive in Kennewick. It’s located near the Cable Bridge and right across the street from Zips.
- Woman charged with DUI in single vehicle rollover collision
- Hanford contractor, employee appeal $8.1M jury award
- Consumer Reports: Chevy Bolt is best small green car
- COMING UP ON GMNW; A man is dead and police are now looking for who shot him, Bary is LIVE
- Toppenish Police Dept. investigating shooting, homicide