NACHES, Wash. - Community members gathered Saturday for Nile Valley Days, which hosts an array of events, including horseshoe tournaments, wood-splitting competitions and gold prospecting demonstrations.
The annual festivities take place at Jim Sprick Community Park, 13680 State Route 410 in Naches.
The celebration includes amateur wood events like the spike drive, cross-cut saw, wood-splitting, and axe throw, along with food, music and kids’ activities.
Nile Valley Days continues Sunday, from 7 a.m. to early afternoon, with women's horseshoes. bingo and cross cut (Teen’s, Women’s, Men’s and Jack and Jill)
For more information, see the Upper Valley Bulletin Board.
- Viral sensation dubbed the 'salmon cannon' was tested by local researchers at PNNL
- Family of Kennewick crash victim issue statement on anniversary of his death
- Washington State Parks offers free admission this Sunday
- Suspect in White Swan home invasion-murder enters not guilty plea
- Home decor store in Kennewick close to opening its doors