PROSSER, Wash. - Construction on the "much anticipated" Prosser High School began this week, the school district says.
On Facebook, the Prosser School District asked students and the public to be respectful of the fences and equipment while the area is under construction. They added to stay on sidewalks and stay off the construction site.
The final plans for the building were approved on February 19th by the school board. The district expected construction to begin in late March. Chervenell Construction is in charge of the project.
In a virtual tour, the school district highlights some of the features in the new building.
A performing arts facility, two gymnasiums and sports fields are all included in the construction of the new high school.
- Granger teacher awarded Regional Teacher of the Year
- Seahawks' rookie draft class hit hard by injuries in camp
- 4 injured in 'violent' Moxee crash involving apple truck; SR 24 closed in both directions
- KSD brings in mediator, will be bargaining all day tomorrow
- Developer turning vacant Richland office building to apartment high-rise