KENNEWICK, Wash. - The transformation of a former Kennewick airfield is about to get underway.
A groundbreaking ceremony is being held at Vista Field on Monday at 10 a.m. Leaders from the Port of Kennewick, City of Kennewick and Benton County will gather for a ceremony to initiate construction of the infrastructure work required to transform Vista Field into a vibrant urban center for the region. Phase One will include work on the roadways, utilities, sidewalks, streetscaping, lighting, commercial plaza and a linear park with water features.
The ceremony site is located on the southeast side of the former airfield, near the intersection of West Deschutes Avenue and West Okanogan Avenue at 6600 W. Deschutes Avenue. The public is invited.
- American Idol to host auditions in Spokane
- Pasco woman crashes into dead elk on SR-24
- Rio's Weekend Preview: Superhero Fun Run, 10th Annual Dunham Days and Prosser Beer and Whiskey Fest
- Kennewick School District, teachers union bargaining continues Friday
- Suspected DUI driver injured in Yakima Co. crash, transported to Harborview Medical Center