KENNEWICK, Wash. - The transformation of a former Kennewick airfield is about to get underway.
A groundbreaking ceremony is being held at Vista Field on Monday at 10 a.m. Leaders from the Port of Kennewick, City of Kennewick and Benton County will gather for a ceremony to initiate construction of the infrastructure work required to transform Vista Field into a vibrant urban center for the region. Phase One will include work on the roadways, utilities, sidewalks, streetscaping, lighting, commercial plaza and a linear park with water features.
The ceremony site is located on the southeast side of the former airfield, near the intersection of West Deschutes Avenue and West Okanogan Avenue at 6600 W. Deschutes Avenue. The public is invited.
- Pair attempts to steal baton, pepper spray from Hermiston Ranch and Home
- Trump threatens to deport millions starting next week
- Tri-Cities Airport considered North America's eighth-busiest small airport, according to OAG
- Taco Bell is giving away free Doritos Locos Tacos
- Car runs into utility box, tree following crash at Richland intersection