YAKIMA, Wash. - Kids in costumes are taking over Franklin Park in Yakima this weekend for the annual Superhero and Princess Race.
The one-mile fun-run for kids is put on by Rock Solid Fitness and a portion the proceeds will be donated to a program fighting childhood obesity.
The event also features food trucks, shopping vendors, face painting, jump castles, a raffle table for the kids and prizes for the best costume overall and the best family costume.
Participants can pick up their packets starting at 9 a.m. The race starts at 9 a.m. and the festivities go until 12 p.m.
- Olde Yakima Letterpress Museum celebrates opening of new facility
- Police: Burglar steals jewelry while great grandmother sleeps nearby
- Washington state seismologists propose new tracking sensors
- Young West Valley Fire cadet dies after having a medical emergency
- Kennewick firefighters raising money to restore 1935 fire truck