Troopers seized methamphetamine, cocaine and several firearms from a car involved in a crash north of Walla Walla on Saturday.
A state Department of Transportation worker called in the crash after seeing the wrecked vehicle with guns laying on the ground outside of it on Highway 124 near milepost 41, said Washington State Trooper Chris Thorson.
At the scene, troopers found the guns and saw other “suspicious items” inside the vehicle, said Thorson.
They obtained a search warrant and found the drugs along with a scale, packaging materials and a drug ledger. A total of five guns were also seized, but it's unclear if they are legally owned.
The driver, 60-year-old Brian Whittenberg, was arrested on felony drug charges. Additional charges may be pending.
- Man fatally shot by officers in Toppenish identified; police say he had a knife
- Walla Walla, Richland among top 10 cities to live in Washington, study says
- Oregon advances bill allowing undocumented immigrants to drive
- Umatilla Bridge to reopen Wednesday after two years of construction
- 38 drug dealers arrested during Paradiso Festival at Gorge Ampitheatre