House and Senate budget negotiators reported to Gov. Jay Inslee this morning that they have reached an agreement in principle on the 2017-2019 biennial operating budget. The negotiators and caucus leaders said they were confident that they would complete work on the budget and have a vote of the Legislature before the end of the day Friday, the final day of the fiscal year.
That would avoid a partial shutdown of state government.
The agreement covers spending and resource levels. More details will be available after the four legislative caucuses are briefed on the agreement.
- Richland police: Man tries to lure girl into his car with money
- Over 40 people fall victim to mail theft in Hermiston
- Man charged with 3 counts of child rape wanted in Yakima County
- Yakima pedestrian struck near Kennewick dies a month later
- Armed robbery leads deputies, SWAT to search Walla Walla home