KENNEWICK, Wash. - Benton County deputies have caught a man who allegedly used stolen gas cards to buy $1,400 of fuel.
Blaine R. White, 28, of Kennewick was arrested Saturday on two counts of second-degree theft. He’s being held at the Benton County Jail.
Last week, deputies said he used the stolen gas cards at Pacific Pride in Kennewick and other places in Pasco and Lewiston, Idaho from mid-May to early June.
Sgt. Justin Gerry said investigators received an anonymous tip identifying White as the suspect after posting a photo of him and his truck on the sheriff’s office Facebook page.
Deputies learned White's location and obtained a search warrant for his white Ford F-150 pickup.
He allegedly tried to change the appearance of the pickup by spray-painting the bed of the truck and making a stripe on the vehicle.
White was booked into jail on an investigative hold. The prosecutor’s office has 72 hours to charge him with a crime.
- Port of Pasco approves new commercial buildings, construction to start in spring
- Suspect in fatal Kennewick shooting changes plea to guilty
- Coroner: WSU student died 4 hours before 1st 911 call
- "Cookie Monster": Man breaks window of West Richland restaurant, steals cookies
- (VIDEO) Visit Tri-Cities 'Get Your Geek On' music video aims to attract science-loving tourists