WAPATO, Wash. - Authorities are investigating a body found Friday night in Wapato as a “suspicious death”.
The deceased person was found about 8 p.m. near U.S. Highway 97 and West Wapato Road.
The Yakima County coroner’s office confirmed there was a body found and that the death was suspicious, but declined to release further information.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
The investigation is being handled by either the FBI or Yakima Nation Tribal Police. KAPP-KVEW reached out to both for comment.
This is a developing story.
- At lease one shooting, two gunshot victims Saturday night in Yakima
- Firefighters investigating cause of a residential fire in Richland
- Advocates already see fallout from immigration rule change
- Firefighters working on burn out operations at a fire near Meals and Ayers Rd
- Judge blocks killing of surviving wolf pack member