UMATILLA, Ore. - A DUI driver has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for hitting and killing a Kennewick woman in 2018.
Last August, 77-year-old Leman Bledsoe of Milton-Freewater was driving on Highway 11 near Athena when he sideswiped a stopped vehicle and hit 49-year-old Tyresa Monaghan.
Monaghan was flagging vehicles at an active construction zone where workers were repaving the road when she was hit. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Bledsoe was sentenced last Thursday. Last month, a jury found him guilty of eight total charges, including manslaughter, DUII and failure to perform the duties of a driver.
- Kennewick Police investigate gang-related shooting
- More construction starts Monday on George Washington Way
- JUST IN: Toppenish police arrest 18-year-old accused of shooting two people in 2018
- Spokane man thanks Apple Watch for saving father's life
- Man gets life for sex crimes involving 15-year-old in Portland