UMATILLA CO., Ore. - A DUI driver who killed a Kennewick woman who was working as a construction worker has been found guilty of manslaughter.
77-year-old Leman Bledsoe of Milton-Freewater was driving on Highway 11 near Athena last August when he sideswiped a stopped vehicle and hit 49-year-old Tyresa Monaghan.
Monaghan was flagging vehicles at an active construction zone where workers were repaving the road when she was hit. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
On Thursday, a jury found Bledsoe guilty of eight total charges, including manslaughter, DUII and failure to perform the duties of a driver.
He will be sentenced on Sep. 5.
- Benton County man wanted for failing to register as a sex offender
- Walla Walla schools get new electronic visitor entry systems
- Female county employees file complaint against Sheriff Hatcher; his lawyer responds
- Woman wanted for theft at Castle Megastore in Kennewick
- ATVs, UTVs soon to be street legal in Walla Walla