EAST WENATCHEE, Wash. - An East Wenatchee man is behind bars after leading deputies on a car chase, all while being suspected of driving under the influence.
According to Sheriff Kevin Morris with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, 22-year-old Jeffrey J. Tyquiengco was revving his engine and squealing his tires near the Valley Mall Parkway on Saturday night.
That's when deputies saw Tyquiengco drive north through the mall at high speeds.
When deputies tried to stop him, Tyquiengco continued to speed away before running into a tree on French Avenue just off the north mall parking lot.
Deputies blocked Tyquiengco and used a taser, as he was still trying to accelerate and spin his tires.
Tyquiengco was arrested for attempting to elude, driving under the influence of alcohol, and resisting arrest among other charges.
He was booked into the Chelan County Jail.
- Investors don't seem to know what to make of the US-China trade war
- FedEx CEO challenges New York Times to debate after critical story
- Health care jobs will keep US labor market going even in recession
- Washington state bans vapor products containing vitamin E acetate
- Columbia Basin College celebrates new food pantry for students