Edgar Brown Stadium in Pasco reopens to the public today with a fresh new look.
The stadium has been closed since June.
Crews have been busy ever since laying down new artificial turf and resurfacing the track.
A Pasco School District says the renovation was important for the safety of the athletes.
The old surface was installed back in 2002 and lasted four years more than its expected life span.
The field is open to the public during the day when it's not being used for school activities.
- Yakima rejoins county's emergency operations team
- Prosecutor: Boy who shot at Yakima officer should be charged as an adult
- Lourdes Medical Center set to host free hernia screening clinic
- 30+ foot waves slam Washington, northern Oregon coast
- Sheriff: Handcuffed man steals, crashes patrol car near Hermiston