ELLENSBURG, Wash. -- Ellensburg's first Panda Express opened at Central Washington University on Monday.
The popular Chinese fast food restaurant is located inside CWU's brand new, 6,000-square-foot dining hall on campus.
In a November 2018 news release, CWU Dining Services announced that it signed a contract with Panda Express to open a campus location. The restaurant is open to the public -- not just students.
The new dining hall is located next to Dugmore Hall near the corner of North Wildcat Way and East Dean Nicholson Boulevard.
A survey conducted in fall 2017 asked students what national food chain they'd like to see on campus that wasn't currently offered in the community. WIth over 500 responses, Panda Express ranked the number one option, followed closely by Chick-Fil-A and Panera.
- Family Circle magazine to shut down after December issue
- Brexit countdown sends pound on wild ride
- Possible fentanyl dealer arrested in Yakima; police seize hundreds of blue pills
- Yakima and Selah Neighbors' Network announces donor match of up to $10,000 this month
- Finley School District now has its own school resource officer