BURIEN, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a man's family witnessed his death in a crash involving a stolen vehicle in Burien, Washington.
KOMO reports that crews responded to the scene around 8 a.m. Monday where a 44-year-old man driving a truck was hit head-on by a man driving a stolen Subaru. The driver of the pickup was pronounced dead at the scene, while the driver of the stolen vehicle was hospitalized in stable condition.
The King County Sheriff's Office said his family just happened to be driving by shortly after the wreck.
The alleged car thief survived the crash and was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. In addition to facing a vehicular homicide charge, the man will also face a charge of vehicular theft when he's booked in King County jail.
- SR 410 and SR 123 closed because of winter conditions and mudslide
- Police arrest woman for DUI after she crashes into wall at Kennewick home
- Chicago strike means day off for some, emergency for others
- Firefighters contain fire at Zintel Canyon
- Olde Yakima Letterpress Museum celebrates opening of new facility