SELAH, Wash. - Selah firefighters battled a house fire Sunday afternoon that destroyed a home.
It sparked near Kinne Lane and Wenas Road around 2:15 pm. Firefighters arrived and found flames coming out the front and back of the house.
According to Selah Fire Capt. Andy Wangler, crews had trouble getting inside the house because of a fallen power line in the back. One person was inside the home. They got out safely.
No one was injured. Wangler said six fire agencies responded to fire because of the warm weather.
The cause is under investigation. The house is believed to be a total loss.
- Granger teacher awarded Regional Teacher of the Year
- Seahawks' rookie draft class hit hard by injuries in camp
- 4 injured in 'violent' Moxee crash involving apple truck; SR 24 closed in both directions
- KSD brings in mediator, will be bargaining all day tomorrow
- Developer turning vacant Richland office building to apartment high-rise