Fire overnight in Yakima destroys thousands of dollars in hops

In the early hours of Monday morning the Yakima Fire Department responded to an automatic fire alarm at John I Haas Warehouse at 1716 Gordon Rd. 

Fire crews report when they arrived they found dark smoke coming from one of the warehouses and discovered several pallets of processed hops burning inside.
They extinguished the fire and used forklifts and shovels to remove the burned product.

Officials say damage to the hops is approximately $10,000 and another $10,000 of damage to the warehouse.

After an investigation it was determined the fire started from spontaneous combustion of the hops.

More News Headlines

KAPP-KVEW Local News

This Week's Circulars