PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A former Disney executive has been convicted of sexually abusing a 7-year-old girl.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 73-year-old Michael Laney was convicted Tuesday of four counts of first-degree sexual abuse after a six-day trial.
Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Souede acquitted Laney of three counts of rape and three counts of sex abuse.
Court documents say Laney began abusing the victim in 2009 and there were multiple incidents of abuse spanning about two years.
The child initially reported the abuse in 2017 in Washington, where she lived at the time.
Another person reported that Laney had sexually abused her in 2007 when she lived in Portland, but the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office said the court couldn't find sufficient evidence to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
Court documents say Laney lives on Bainbridge Island in Washington.
- Pair attempts to steal baton, pepper spray from Hermiston Ranch and Home
- Trump threatens to deport millions starting next week
- Tri-Cities Airport considered North America's eighth-busiest small airport, according to OAG
- Taco Bell is giving away free Doritos Locos Tacos
- Car runs into utility box, tree following crash at Richland intersection