YAKIMA, Wash. - A Yakima man who sexually abused five young girls over several years was sentenced to life in prison on Wednesday.
Rodolpho De Leon, 50, turned himself into authorities in May 2018 and admitted to abusing the girls, all of whom were likely under the age of 12 when the abuse began. He was convicted of first-degree rape of a child and first-degree child molestation in October.
At the time of his arrest, De Leon worked as a social services specialist with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) in Toppenish. A spokesperson said he worked with children daily as part of his role.
The children he abused were known to him and they were not involved in his work.
He was sentenced to life in prison in Yakima County Superior Court. His earliest possible release date will be 2045.
- 86-year-old Yakima man with dementia still missing after two weeks
- Man who killed 3-year-old boy to make room for unborn baby gets life
- Washington State Fire Marshal gives campus fire safety tips
- Firefighters rescue person stuck in septic tank for days
- Richland man arrested twice in two days for bizarre series of crimes