A 5-year-old Yakima girl is in critical condition tonight after falling from a fourth story window at the Cascade Apartments.
We spoke to a man who identified himself as the girl’s step-grandfather.
He said the girl had surgery early Monday at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Although she cannot open her eyes just yet, she did react to her grandmother’s voice and squeezed her hand.
The man did confirm that the little girl fell from a vacant apartment across from where the girl lives with her parents and grandmother.
It’s still being investigated how she made it into the empty apartment room and past the window.
- St. Helens permit sales re-open Monday after website crash
- DEQ: Contaminants found in wells on Oregon's north coast
- Richland man follows dream to become sculptor after suffering back injury
- Porter's BBQ serving free meals all day for Mar. 8 grand opening
- Officials: Trolley driver paid man $2K to attack him on job