The proceeds of a golf tournament Sunday in Ellensburg will help pay for an eternal flame memorial for fallen Kittitas County Sheriff's Deputy Ryan Thompson.
Thompson was shot and killed in Kittitas following a car chase in March. Deputy Thompson served in law enforcement for 12 years including time with the Kittitas Sheriffs Office's Correctional Facility and Central Washington University Police before becoming a Kittitas Sheriff's Deputy.
The memorial flame tournament will be held at the Ellensburg Golf Course Sunday, Oct. 13 at 1 p.m. The cost per team for a 9 hole 4-man scramble is $200. After the tournament, there will be a silent auction.
All proceeds raised will be used in the construction and maintenance of the eternal flame memorial, and support the officers, firefighters and first responders who serve the community.
The memorial flame will be constructed in front of the Kittitas City Hall.
For more details call 509--962-2984.
- Woman who befriended many Walla Walla cancer patients dies at 96
- Kids help rescue terribly skinny cat in West Richland
- Police say Calif. school shooter dies of his injuries
- Oregon grocery manager shot and killed, police arrest fired worker
- Yakima author partners with bookstore to provide Thanksgiving meals for the homeless