GRANDVIEW, Wash. - A local school district has developed an app that will help parents stay informed at the palm of their hand.
The Grandview School District has a free phone application that can be downloaded from the App Store or Play Store.
The new app has been designed to send out notifications of school delays and cancellations, especially with winter fast approaching.
Parents will also have access to the different schools their children attend and be able to email teachers from the app.
Parents will have the opportunity to sync the school calendar onto their cell phone calendar as well.
Elena Olmstead is the communications manager and said they had been working on the app since October.
“We’ve worked really hard to try to make sure the app includes information that parents and community members are looking for,” said Olmstead.
Since this is the first app the district has created they are accepting all types of feedback.
- Washington teen pulled from bike by officer awarded $500K
- US family of 4 found dead in Mexico after going on vacation
- Students sent home over bomb scare at Milton-Freewater high school
- Senators press self-driving car industry on forced arbitration after Uber crash
- Man who evaded police for 25 years guilty of manslaughter