RICHLAND, Wash. -- The Benton-Franklin Health District says a life jacket donation drive will be held Saturday, Sept. 7 in honor of a toddler who drowned in her family's pool in 2005.
The 11th Annual Paris White Life Jacket Drive will be at Creations Salon & Spa in Richland from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cash and check donations will also be accepted to purchase life jackets.
The business is located at 87 Keen Rd. in Richland
New and gently used life jackets will be collected by the Paris White Foundation and donated to Safe Kids Benton-Franklin to be placed on life jacket loaner boards throughout the greater Tri-Cities area.
Paris' family formed the foundation to provide life jackets and educate communities on the risk of drownings -- the leading cause of death for children ages 1-4.
"We are extremely grateful to the Paris White Foundation for their continued support of our life jacket loan program," said Kathleen Clary-Cooke, coordinator for Safe Kids Benton-Franklin. "We stock 15 loaner boards and four permanents loan stations in the area so that people can borrow a life jacket when they need one."
- New community-focused coffeehouse opens in Wapato
- Rattlesnake Mountain Crossfit moving to bigger facility in Richland
- Man suspected of threatening family, starting fire in Benton City home
- Bus service will soon offer $10 rides from Spokane to Seattle
- Spokane County sees increase in domestic violence cases