An employee from the Hermiston School District was fired on Monday after she was caught stealing credit cards from the purses of colleagues in October of 2016.
According to the East Oregonian Lisa Bryan, a school district speech pathologist, spent the money on cigarettes.
School district documents given to the East Oregonian said Bryan was placed on leave for three months so Hermiston police could investigate.
After receiving more information the school board decided to fire Bryan.
This all began on Oct. 14.
Hermiston police followed up on a report that came from three teachers at Desert View Elementary School, all claiming they had had their debit and credit cards stolen on out their purses.
After obtaining surveillance video from the school, police were able to identify Bryan who was caught on camera stealing the cards.
Bryan first denied and then admitted to the crimes saying she needed money for housing and other bills.
Police said she has also stolen from a colleague at Highland Hills Elementary School.
- St. Helens permit sales re-open Monday after website crash
- DEQ: Contaminants found in wells on Oregon's north coast
- Richland man follows dream to become sculptor after suffering back injury
- Porter's BBQ serving free meals all day for Mar. 8 grand opening
- Officials: Trolley driver paid man $2K to attack him on job