GRANT COUNTY, Wash. - The Grant County Sheriff's Office has reported a highway closure on I-90 due to multiple crashes.
Several collisions and spinouts prompted the closure of I-90 eastbound at Adams Road between George and Moses Lake. According to Public Information Officer Kyle Foreman, a detour is being provided.
Foreman said multiple people are injured. They were all sent to local hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries. Foreman told KAPP-KVEW at least 10 cars are involved in the crashes.
Many of the collisions are being reported between milepost 161 and 164 at Dodson Road because of ice and snow. Foreman said crashes are happening in both directions.
"People just need to slow down," Foreman said.
Washington State Patrol and the sheriff's office closed the highway in order to start cleaning up all the cars involved in the crashes. WSP told Foreman the slick roads are between Quincy and Moses Lake.
However, Foreman said other collisions are being reported in other counties.
- Driver in crash that killed 75-year-old woman in Umatilla County facing DUI, manslaughter charges
- Stolen truck crashes into Kennewick building following police chase
- Woman arrested on suspicion of reckless burning after RV fire in Kennewick
- Student efforts lead Gov. Inslee to declare Family and Consumer Science Day in state
- Kennewick Olive Garden waiter featured on Access Hollywood, TIME