Country singer Josh Turner's performance scheduled for Friday night at the Central Washington State Fair has been canceled after a tour bus carrying his road crew was involved in a fatal crash in California.
The crash happened Wednesday night. Officials say Turner and his band were not on the bus but one crew member was killed, and several others were injured.
"Josh Turner and his road family have suffered a devastating loss. Please keep the crew, band and Josh in your thoughts and prayers!" a representative of Josh Turner said.
"We were very sorry to hear about this tragic accident and our thoughts and prayers go out to those involved," said Central Washington State Fair president Greg Stewart.
Stewart said they were working on a replacement for the Friday night concert and will announce that if and when one is signed. In the meantime, people who have purchased tickets for the Josh Turner concert will be allowed to return them for a full refund.
Paid ticket holders can receive a refund at their point of purchase beginning Friday, September 20.
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinics prepare for 2019-20 flu season
- Three people transported to hospital after crash at State Route 240 and Aaron Drive
- SR 410 and SR 123 closed because of winter conditions and mudslide
- Police arrest woman for DUI after she crashes into wall at Kennewick home
- Chicago strike means day off for some, emergency for others