KENNEWICK, Wash. - Dogs, cats, rodents and more all got blessed at a Kennewick church on Friday afternoon.
The annual "Blessing of the Pets" event is put on by St. Joseph's school. It's meant to honor St. Francis, who is the Catholic Church's patron saint of animals and nature.
Students and parents were invited to bring their animals from home to get blessed by the priest.
"I wanted to bring my dog Simba because I want him to go to dog heaven," 7-year-old Micah said.
Over the years, students said they've seen all kinds of animals get blessed, from horses to snakes to hamsters.
- Washington State Patrol probes vandalism at state Capitol
- Teenagers arrested for street racing that led to crash in Kennewick
- Fiat Chrysler labor talks with UAW could prove difficult
- New community-focused coffeehouse opens in Wapato
- Rattlesnake Mountain Crossfit moving to bigger facility in Richland