KENNEWICK, Wash. - Everyone got out of a Kennewick home safely after a stove fire started to spread inside.
Around 3:37 p.m. Tuesday, firefighters were called to 420 Dawes St. near Fourth Avenue. When they arrived, smoke was seen from the outside.
Crews were able to get inside and control the fire in under five minutes. According to Kennewick Fire Capt. Kevin Crowley, the homeowner was cooking something on the stove.
Crowley said the man left the kitchen area and the fired started to spread for unknown reasons. The man attempted to put it out with water. Firefighters believe the man was cooking with grease.
The fire department was able to get a small dog out of the home, which is being tended to by paramedics.
Along with the dog, KAPP-KVEW observed an American flag shadow box being pulled from the home by a firefighter. It had some water on the glass, but wasn’t damaged.
Crews are assessing the home to see if the family can possibly stay inside. Two people were in it at the time of the fire, and got out before firefighters arrived.
- Driver in crash that killed 75-year-old woman in Umatilla County facing DUI, manslaughter charges
- Stolen truck crashes into Kennewick building following police chase
- Woman arrested on suspicion of reckless burning after RV fire in Kennewick
- Student efforts lead Gov. Inslee to declare Family and Consumer Science Day in state
- Kennewick Olive Garden waiter featured on Access Hollywood, TIME