KENNEWICK, Wash. - Kennewick police say they have arrested two people after a 3-year-old girl was found wandering by herself in the area of W. 10th Ave. and S. Olympia St. on Wednesday morning.
Officers found the child and walked around with her, but were unable to find her home or her parents. After a couple hours, police did not receive any calls about a missing child.
At 11:24 a.m., police shared the girl's photo on the KPD Facebook in an attempt to identify her and her caregivers. The post received thousands of shares in a matter of minutes.
Lt. Aaron Clem tells KAPP-KVEW the 3-year-old's grandmother saw the post and called police.
The child's caregivers were identified as Robert Still, 59, and April Still, 65. They are being held at the Benton County Jail on suspicion of felony child mistreatment.
The child's mother has been notified and has been in contact with Child Protective Services.
This is a developing story.
- Viral sensation dubbed the 'salmon cannon' was tested by local researchers at PNNL
- Family of Kennewick crash victim issue statement on anniversary of his death
- Washington State Parks offers free admission this Sunday
- Suspect in White Swan home invasion-murder enters not guilty plea
- Home decor store in Kennewick close to opening its doors