KENNEWICK, Wash. - Just before midnight Monday, Kennewick police responded to reports of a dead body found in a grassy field behind the Kentucky Fried Chicken in the 100 Block of South Ely Street.
The body has been identified as 25-year-old Jacob Lee Dunakey. Detectives are working to determine his cause of death.
Authorities called Kennewick Fire EMTs out to the scene, who confirmed the man they found was dead.
A spokesman with the Kennewick Police Department said he doesn't suspect foul play, but it can't be ruled out until the coroner completes his examination.
Anyone with information on this death is urged to call dispatch at 509-628-0333.
- Over 500 children attend YVCC's annual Engineering for Kid's Day
- Family is left without a home due to a house fire
- Firefighters throughout the state attend the Annual Washington Fire Chiefs Conference
- Montana state crime lab chemist charged with stealing meth
- Five suspects arrested in warrant sweep, four are documented gang members