KENNEWICK, Wash. -- Kennewick police arrested a 16-year-old boy accused of trying to sexually abuse a 5-year-old child.
Officers were called to a home in the 2600 block of W. Bruneau Pl. for a report of a sex offense in progress. The 911 caller said she found the suspect trying to abuse the victim.
They made sure the victim was safe and arrested the teenage suspect.
"The 16-year-old male was known to the victim's family in this case and there is no threat to the public," a police news release said.
He was booked at the Benton Franklin Juvenile Justice Center on suspicion of first-degree child rape and first-degree child molestation.
- Granger teacher awarded Regional Teacher of the Year
- Seahawks' rookie draft class hit hard by injuries in camp
- 4 injured in 'violent' Moxee crash involving apple truck; SR 24 closed in both directions
- KSD brings in mediator, will be bargaining all day tomorrow
- Developer turning vacant Richland office building to apartment high-rise