KENNEWICK, Wash. -- A security guard is suspected of handcuffing a woman and attempting to extort her for sexual favors, according to Kennewick police.
Antonio Cruz, 21, was working security at a local restaurant when he detained a woman who was reportedly causing a disturbance outside the establishment.
The woman told police Cruz drove her over a mile away from the restaurant and kept her in handcuffs for an extended period of time. He allegedly asked for sexual favors in exchange for not reporting the woman to police.
The woman was eventually released by Cruz. Police did not say that she was harmed.
Cruz is being held at the Benton County Jail on charges of second-degree kidnapping with sexual motivation and first-degree extortion.
The case remains ongoing.
- Suspect arrested six years after police say he watched a woman get beaten, robbed and shot at
- Tri-Cities man beats out hundreds to win $50,000 smile makeover
- 18-year-old allegedly stole over $300K in cash from Yakima area home
- WSP conducting emphasis patrols through five different counties for WSU Thanksgiving travel
- AMA calls for total ban on all e-cigarette, vaping products