KENNEWICK, Wash. - A woman overdosed while driving with her young child in the backseat, according to police.
Taylor Penny was arrested Friday after police found her passed out in the driver’s seat of her Cadillac near Canal and Edison. Her window had to be broken so first responders could remove her from the car. She had to be revived with Narcan.
During the investigation, authorities determined that she was smoking narcotics while driving and overdosed. Her car hit a curb and came to a stop in the middle of the road.
Her child was placed into protective custody and she is now under the care of her relatives.
Penny was booked into jail for DUI and reckless endangerment
- Officials investigate 'suspicious' fire in Yakima
- Columbia Park pond stocked with over 6,000 of fish for kids fishing derby
- Camp Hope will stay open until June 30th unless it gets a permanent location
- Greater Columbia ACH invites public to learn more about opioid addiction
- Local nurses help hurricane affected students